Welcome to Singing Bliss!
Singing Bliss says:
"I am a unique mind and body that is learning to sing."
"I am a human body that works like all human bodies that is learning to sing."
"I am a true instrument like any instrument that is learning to be played."
"Like any other instrument, I need a step-by-step process to learn to be played."
Singing Bliss Wants You:
- to succeed in learning to sing.
- to make you feel better about yourself through singing.
- to sing your best.
- to not feel any failure in learning to sing, only nurturing.
- to reach whatever goals you have for singing.
Singing Bliss Concepts
Singing Bliss understands that you are a human being, like any other human being, when it comes to how your body breathes in air and out and how your vocal cords vibrate for you to sing. This is the science of voice, or "vocal pedagogy." Singing Bliss uses the science of voice to help you learn to sing. Singing Bliss uses the knowledge of "vocal pedagogy" to help you play your singing instrument - your body.
Singing Bliss understands that you are a unique individual. You mind and body are unique to you. Your voice is unique to you. The way your mind sends messages to your body is unique to you. Emotions in you are unique. How these emotions play your singing instrument - yourself - is unique. You are a living singing instrument. The understanding of you as a person is part of learning to sing. Your breath in and out of your body and your singing voice respond to how you are as a unique human being.
Singing Bliss Process
Using the concept of voice science or "vocal pedagogy" and the concept of you as a unique individual, Singing Bliss takes these concepts and gives you, the live singing, unique human you are, a step-by-step learning process for you to practice.
Singing Bliss Disciplines of Practice or DOP
Singing Bliss teaches you to sing through step by step practices called "Disciplines of Practice" or DOP. Each DOP is numbered from DOP1 to DOP2, etc. Each DOP is a level of practice that you build upon as you progress higher and higher in the DOP numbers.
Singing Bliss DOP Practice Process
Singing Bliss DOP teach you:
- how to relax your body to breathe in for your best air in singing
- how to relax your body to release air for your best singing
- how to protect and understand your voice
- how to use your mind to understand your body tension
- how to use this understanding of your body tension to breathe in and out better for your singing
- how to respect what your body is telling you and not bully yourself while singing
- how to send nurturing, helpful messages to your body to relax your muscles of breathing
- how to use these nurturing messages of relaxation to increase the breath flow in and out of your
body for your best singing
- how to feel good about yourself while singing
Singing Bliss Means Not Failing
Singing Bliss gives you a step-by-step process that means you will not fail.
The Singing Bliss system of step-by-step learning will give you:
- a system of getting where you want to go for singing.
- the practice tools for understanding what your voice, mind and body are doing while you are singing.
- the practice tools for changing old habits of your mind and body to help you form healthy concepts and understanding in singing.
- the practice tools that give you solutions for fixing vocal problems.
- a sense of confidence in being able to learn to sing.
- real answers and understanding of how your mind, body and voice work from the science of voice.
- real answers and understanding of how you as a unique person respond in your mind and body while singing to have your best singing voice.
- a voice with agility, range and endless possibilities.
- a practice of step by step instruction that will take you anywhere you wish to go in being the best singer you can be.
Beginning Singing Bliss
To find out more about Singing Bliss, please go to the top of our web page and find "Request Information." You will be taken to the form section of this website. Please fill out the form and submit it.
The Singing Bliss Interview
After filling out the form for Singing Bliss, you will be contacted by Margaret Stricklett, voice instructor for Singing Bliss. Margaret will be using the information on your form to help find a time for you to meet with her for an interview.
The Singing Bliss interview is a 45 minute session you will have with Margaret at the Singing Bliss location. In the Singing Bliss interview, Margaret will:
- listen to you and learn more about you.
- give you some further information on Singing Bliss.
- listen to your voice and give you ideas on how Singing Bliss would help you.
After the Singing Bliss Interview, you will have time to think over what you have learned and go from there. There is no pressure to sign up for Singing Bliss lessons. However, Margaret will be happy to talk with you about the next steps in becoming a student of Singing Bliss.
The Singing Bliss Interview, like Singing Bliss, is a nurturing and positive process that will help you learn more about yourself and more about Singing Bliss. You may be a new student to singing or someone who has been singing many years. You may have never had a lesson or perhaps you have taken formal singing lessons. The Singing Bliss Interview will be informative for all interested students of singing.
Do not hesitate to contact Singing Bliss and Margaret to ask any questions you may have. Singing Bliss is about you and helping in your singing exploration. Margaret is happy to help in that process.